Pages

Saturday 16 May 2009

The Cottage Bookshop

In the quaint village of Penn (about 5 miles from where I live) there is a wonderful secret! This 'little' bookshop is a real gem. Just wait until you get inside!


What would you like to read?


Take a look down here.


Or maybe you might find a craft you haven't tried before.



You can buy a book for £1.50!


I wish I'd asked how many books they stocked! Each room had at least 10 floor to ceiling bookshelves, upstairs, downstairs, up the stairs, under the stairs, in the hall way.

Now if you met someone coming the other way you might need to reverse to the nearest 'passing place' to let them through! I spent a lot of time browsing, though I didn't buy anything this time, but I'm definitely coming back!

Ros

The photos were taken on my phone so apologies if the quality is a little hazy.


Lord, I thank You that You are teaching me how to walk with You. If the path I am on is crooked, I pray You will make it straight. If I am going in the wrong direction, I pray you will turn me around and set me on the correct path. I know that as I take one step at a time, holding on to You and letting You lead, You will get me where I need to go.

O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. Jeremiah 10:23

7 comments:

  1. I love that place! One day I'm going to have a house like that! :) Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie,
    I thought you would like this place! It is next door to another lovely shop which sells violins and cellos and lots of sheet music. So this would be a great place for you to live!

    I'll take you there when term has finished.
    Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ros, books, music, crafts and me. Yes, I could visit that little place quite frequently. I am by nature a horder of books, I never know when I might like to re-read something, or loan it to someone, or just know it's there incase I need something to read (like during Eurovision song contests). I remember a line from a Simon and Garfunkle song..I have my books, and my poetry to protect me. Although I know The Lord is my protector and provider...I lose myself in the written and spoken word, the magic of the words painting a picture for anyone willing to open the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG what a fabulous place I shall have to try and get there, I could live in that shop. Oh I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful bookshop. A great place to spend a couple of hours or the whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shop is my idea of heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree with Di! What a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete