Pages

Monday 12 October 2009

Friendship Block Swap


September's block goes to Anita in Bonnaire, Netherland Antillies. Anita asked for flowers or birds on a blue or green background. I loved the challenge of doing a bird, but when looking for patterns I couldn't find much at all. Then I remembered that when Anita sent her block to me back in May she enclosed a beautiful postcard of flamingos, which are native to her country. That was it!

After a lot of searching I came up with this paper pieced pattern from Margaret Rolfe's book 'Quilters Ark' which had been sitting on my bookshelf all along.


It reminded me of the patterns I wanted to make when I bought the book, but as a beginner I just didn't have the range of fabric scraps needed to make these. I have bagfuls of scraps now, so here is a good reason to use them!! Here are some of my favourite pages from the book.


Ros

4 comments:

  1. A lovely block Ros. Don't you just love those chickens! Maggi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice block!
    And what a beautiful book.
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Block, & do like the book
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flamingo! It came out really well.

    ReplyDelete