Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Christmas Gifts


Here's a quick look at the lovely hand made Christmas gifts I received this year.

From Jill came this little mouse, which is delightful and is full of emery granuals, so a very useful pin cushion!



Angela stitched this lovely Tree of Life for a Secret Santa Swap on the PP Forum.



Sally gave me this interesting table mat, made from recycled and folded newspapers, held together with thick thread. The colour comes only from the printed page.


Jan sent me this lovely postcard of church windows, made with angelina fibres, from the UFO challenge in PP Forum. I managed only 2 UFOs during 2009, the winners managed 7 or 8 quilts. Though I must confess I don't have that many UFOs so I was never going to be at the top of the list! Thanks Jan for all your encouragement during the year.



Maggi
stitched this beautiful notebook made from felt and embelished with beads, also a pretty broach.



Maria, my very special friend from Germany, handknitted these lovely warm socks. Maria and I have known each other since age 12 when we were penpals arranged through school. Every year we send each other little hand made gifts and I always look forward to her exciting parcels!

As for the parcels I gave to my friends, alas in my haste to get them posted on time, I didn't get a chance to take any photos!

Ros

3 comments:

  1. Love those socks - glad you had a good time! Happy New Year!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are going to come in handy. That newspaper mat is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved them all, but I think the newspaper was my favorite because I'd never seen anything like that before. How special to receive handmade gifts!

    ReplyDelete