Pages

Friday 9 July 2010

Strawberry Swap


Monica at Stampinmama emailed to say that my parcel arrived today, so now I can share my pictures with you. The swap rules are: five strawberry items - one of which should be hand made. You will find the Flickr group here and Pixidust's blog here.

First of all I made Monica this table-topper with a beautiful strawberry print from Makower - which I hand quilted in a dusty green thread.



Then I put together this little package for her (strawberry paper napkins, semi-dried strawbrries, wild strawberry growing sticks, spectacle case and a lovely summer receipe book).


And this is the beautiful package I received from Monica! Strawberry socks, necklace, growing kit, garden sticks, hand made receipe book, gum, incense, picnic plate and notebook & cards. What a joy it was opening this beautiful parcel! Thank you Monica so much for your kindness!
Strawberries have got to be my favourite summer fruits. They always remind me of my grandfather - he grew mountains of sweet juicy berries every year. Then my grandmother would make them into jam for us to enjoy the rest of the year. We always had the most wonderful jam sandwiches for our Sunday teatimes (always more jam than bread)!

Granny and Grampy circa 1964!

I hope the sun shines on you this weekend!
Ros


9 comments:

  1. Lovely swap! Monica must have been totally thrilled to get that table-topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice tabletopper and everything else. Your partner must be thrilled.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun swap! Monica will cherish what you made her!
    micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely swap items Ros. I used to love strawberries but they bring me out in a rash these days, grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of berry nice things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that tabble top runner, Wonderful

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun she must have had opening her gifts. The table topper is so cheerful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of your grandparents ~1964 is so like some I have ... we must be from the same era! In fact I must say we have much in common! I am enjoying your blog :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete