Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Fridays in Lent


In the evening Jesus said 'Let us cross to the other side.' A gale began and the waves were swamping the boat. Jesus was asleep, and the disciples called out 'Master, don't you care? We're sinking!' He woke and said 'Be calm!' And all was calm again. And Jesus said to the disciples 'Why are you so frightened? Have you no faith?' Mark 4:35-41


Storm in the Sea of Galilee - Rembrandt


Lord, like the disciples in the boat,
suddenly overwhelmed by the storm,
so panic can overcome me like waves.

Their boat was sinking
and the disciples cried out in fear.
You calmed the storm
and all was peace again.

Lord, save me, too!
lest the waves overwhelm me,
and I sink away from you.

Help my faith, Lord!
help me to entrust my whole life,
my whole being, my whole future,
to you and your loving care!

Help me to let go the things
that hold me back
from trusting in you.
Lord, calm my storm within.
Amen.

from: a Lenten Journey with Jesus in Galilee
The Prayer Trust



No comments:

Post a Comment