Pages

Monday 23 February 2009

Farewell Fr Raphael


Fr Raphael O'Connell, ODC
1933-2009

Today we said our fond farewell to Fr Raphael
who spent most of the last 30 years in the parish of St Joseph's.
Rest In Peace.

God is love, and all who live in love live in God,
and god lives in them.
And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.
So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment,
but can face him with confidence because
we live like Jesus here in this world.
1 John 4:17



My lovely friend Maureen, who doesn't have a blog, asked me to add this beautiful comment:

Fr. Raphael - a very special friend to me over many years. This picture captures something of his inner beauty and brought a smile to my face. Although I will never hear his voice again, his words of wisdom echo in my head and he seems just as close to me as he ever was. And now I have a photo of him to keep too, so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment