Pages

Sunday 31 May 2009

Friendship Block Swap


We are coming to the end of my turn in the friendship block swap.

Here is Jan's lovely tea set. My granny used to have a little white cupboard in the corner by the Raeburn, with waxed paper on the shelves (the yellow check looks very familiar) and this tea set is just the style she would have used for Sunday tea! She always used to sit in that corner of the kitchen in her little wicker arm chair.

Thank you for this beautiful block (she says with a smile and a tear in her eye!)



And a bonus too! This gorgeous postcard with scrummy cakes. Jan, you're a star!!




Here is Jackie's bright and cheery breakfast tea set - just perfect to start the day with!




So now it's Caz's turn. She has asked for 'Purple, lilac and blue stars' so I have managed to get all these elements into my block. This one is called 'One Union Square' and was originally published by the Ladies Art Company in 1895.



Lastly, my selvedge postcard for Sophie. I had a few pretty selvedges so it was very tempting to make just one little postcard 'Sophisticats'.

Ros


3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful block you have made Ros, and so quick.
    Neat card.
    I have stacks of selvedges now, thanks to you and lots of other kind folk who send me them. I am thinking to make a quilt of some sort with them all when I have enough. Have made the Postcards with them, so feel I want to move on now. Mind you they do look good don't they, so colourful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea for a postcard! Love it!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your blocks made up, and how quick were you in getting the one for Caz done. The postcards made by both you and Jan are so colourful - lovely.

    ReplyDelete