Pages

Saturday 13 June 2009

UFO Finished!


It took just one afternoon to complete the machine quilting and then the evening to put on a binding so I'm feeling very happy to have this finished at long last! Mike had just cut the grass and trimmed the hedge so was very pleased to be in the photo to show off the family handiwork!



My plan for the quilt is another raffle!

Our village (Chalfont St Peter) is holding a big celebration for the Feast of St Peter. This dates back to 1229 when Henry III gave the Lord of the Manor permission to hold an annual fair (and a weekly market)! This year it is being held on the Common in the centre of the village and looks like being a glorious day, with an evening concert of an Abba tribute band. Awesome!

So I am having a stall with my Viva a Vida friends and we hope to have some fun with this. Home made cakes are planned as well, so I have bought a huge 2.5kg bag of chocolate chips to make mountains of cookies.


Anyone have a good receipe for cookies? I can't remember the last time I made them so I need something really simple to follow!

Ros

8 comments:

  1. I love the pretty colors of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! There's not much that feels better than finishing a UFO....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! It is gorgeous!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a good recipe for cookies:
    Check chocolate chips are ok by eating some
    Measure out an approximately huge amount
    Take samples to eat to make sure they're still ok
    Take some more from the corner of the bag, in case there are any funny ones lurking
    Etc. Perfect every time.

    Love the quilt! It's wonderfully bright, just right for the feast day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ros,
    well done on finishing the Quilt. Let me know when you are selling tickets.
    lol Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice Quilt. the colours are so vibrant.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ros
    I love the quilt it beautiful.
    You know i now know i am losing my mind as i am sure i posted yesterday saying how much i really liked your quilt but it not here i guess it a senior moment lol anyway the quilt is gorgeous
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bright quilt, and those chocolate chips look too good :0)

    ReplyDelete