Pages

Monday 20 July 2009

Friday Block Party


Mrs Morgan's Choice - Week 29. Does this look like the blades of a windmill to you?

I enjoyed making this block. There were a lot of small pieces (2" squares) so concentration was required! I used a lovely blue batik with an ivory background. The batik certainly helped keep it flat while I was making it.

Ros



Father, I know the most important reality of my life is that you love me and that you look at me this moment with such tenderness and love as no one ever could; I am your only child.

You desire to forgive me and to heal me where I want healing so that this day will be a brand-new beginning with "a future full of hope".

Whatever I have to face today, one thing I know, is that you will be there with me as my best friend, helping, consoling, strengthening, healing and guiding me.

There is absolutely nothing I have to be afraid of. All this I know because your Son told us so.

6 comments:

  1. It does look like a windmill. Wonder who Mrs. Morgan was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block Ros, I think Mrs. M was the 'Wind' millers wife. jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a windmill...It is lovely! I love the colours you chose!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice & yes it looks like a windmill you do lovely work
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all its a wonderful block, that blue is a great shade of light blue, blue summer sky`s it reminds me

    Take care
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely block and a great colour choice. Where do these blocks get their names from?

    ReplyDelete