Pages

Tuesday 28 July 2009

Friday Block Party


This week's block, Hearth and Home, was nice and straightforward, although I couldn't make up my mind what colour combination to go for. In the end I found a bag of two and a half inch scraps left over from another project which worked a treat. I enjoyed using the white on white printed fabric and it sews nicely too.

Ros

I asked God for strength,
that I might achieve,

I was made weak to humbly obey.

I asked for health,
that I might
do greater things,

I was given infirmity
that I might
do better things.

I asked for riches,
that I might be happy,
I was given poverty,
that I might be wise.


I asked for power,
that I might have
the praise of men,
I was given weakness,
that I might feel
the need of God.

I asked for all things,
that I might enjoy life,
I was given life,
that I might
enjoy all things.


I got nothing
that I asked for -
but everything
I had hoped for.


Almost despite myself,
my unspoken prayers
were answered.

I am among all men
most richly blessed.

Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Love the block it really nice well done.
    Also the inspirational i do enjoy reading these when you put them on thank you
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is so lovely and cheerful. Thanks too for the inspirational piece - now that really was thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a party block!

    ReplyDelete